Azarenka stays No. 1 with Australian Open win
Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Aus Open title.
Melbourne: Victoria Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Australian Open title.
Azarenka needed to win Saturday's final to maintain her hold on the top spot, otherwise Serena Williams, who lost in the quarterfinals, would have become No. 1.
Williams will rise a place to No. 2 when the new rankings are released on Monday, trading spots with Maria Sharapova, who lost in the semi-finals at Melbourne Park.
Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska will remain fourth and Li will be fifth, up one place.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement