Azarenka stays No. 1 with Australian Open win
Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Aus Open title.
Melbourne: Victoria Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Australian Open title.
Azarenka needed to win Saturday's final to maintain her hold on the top spot, otherwise Serena Williams, who lost in the quarterfinals, would have become No. 1.
Williams will rise a place to No. 2 when the new rankings are released on Monday, trading spots with Maria Sharapova, who lost in the semi-finals at Melbourne Park.
Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska will remain fourth and Li will be fifth, up one place.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC