DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Azarenka stays No. 1 with Australian Open win
Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Aus Open title.
Melbourne: Victoria Azarenka will keep her No. 1 ranking after defeating Li Na to successfully defend her Australian Open title.
Azarenka needed to win Saturday's final to maintain her hold on the top spot, otherwise Serena Williams, who lost in the quarterfinals, would have become No. 1.
Williams will rise a place to No. 2 when the new rankings are released on Monday, trading spots with Maria Sharapova, who lost in the semi-finals at Melbourne Park.
Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska will remain fourth and Li will be fifth, up one place.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong