Azlan Shah: South Korea beat Britain 3-1
With this win, South Korea set up a fifth-place play-off clash against India.
Ipoh: South Korea defeated Britain 3-1 in the Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament on Saturday to set up a fifth-place play-off clash against India.
With this win, South Korea, joint champions with India last year after the final was disrupted by heavy showers, took their points tally to seven from six matches and survived being pushed to the seventh spot by hosts Malaysia.
Malaysia have three points and play Pakistan later on Saturday but South Korea's victory over Britain made sure that the home team cannot finish above the Koreans.
The India-South Korea play-off match will be played on Sunday, ahead of the other two fixtures to decide the medal winners.
South Korea took the initial lead in the 10th minute as Yoon Sung-Hoon capitalised on a shot from Jeon Byung-Jin.
Britain equalised in the 20th minute from a penalty corner conversion by Matthew Daly, who sent a drag-flick along the turf into the right corner of the Korean goal.
South Korea went forward again within three minutes when Jeon capped his fine solo down the left flank to flick past the onrushing goalkeeper.
You Hyo-Sik converted a penalty corner in the 41st minute to make it 3-1 and then their defence thwarted Britain's effort to earn the victory.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18