DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Babri Masjid demolition anniversary today
Security in the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad has been tightened.
New Delhi: Ahead of the 19th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition, security in twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad has been tightened.
This year's anniversary on December 6 will coincide with Muharram's 10th day, which is also observed as a day of mourning by a section of Muslims.
"To maintain peace and communal harmony, we are in touch with people of both the communities," SSP RK Chaturvedi said.
Senior officials, including Divisional Commissioner Madhusudan Raizada and DIG Anand Swarup, reviewed the security
at a meeting.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad and RSS will be celebrating the day as the day of victory by organising various programmes.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan