Babri Masjid demolition: SP, ex-Sena leaders surrender
Samajwadi Party MP Brijbhushan Singh and former Shiv Sena MLA Pawan Pandey surrendered before a special CBI court.
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Brijbhushan Singh and former Shiv Sena MLA Pawan Pandey today surrendered before a special CBI court, hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case, after non-bailable warrants were issued against them.
Special Judge Shashimouli Tiwari had on December 17 issued the non-bailable warrants against the duo for failing to appear before the court, CBI counsel Lalit Kumar Singh said. The judge has now recalled the warrants and fixed December 24 as the next date for recording evidence of the witnesses in the case.
Singh, the Samajwadi Party MP from Kaiserganj, and Pandey are accused in the Babri demolition case. Singh was the BJP MP from Gonda constituency at the time of razing down of the medieval monument.
On December 17, the CBI counsel was present along with 90th witness for recording evidence but both Singh and Pandey failed to appear in the court. The judge had then issued the non-bailable warrants against the two leaders.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance