DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Babri Masjid demolition: SP, ex-Sena leaders surrender
Samajwadi Party MP Brijbhushan Singh and former Shiv Sena MLA Pawan Pandey surrendered before a special CBI court.
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party MP Brijbhushan Singh and former Shiv Sena MLA Pawan Pandey today surrendered before a special CBI court, hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case, after non-bailable warrants were issued against them.
Special Judge Shashimouli Tiwari had on December 17 issued the non-bailable warrants against the duo for failing to appear before the court, CBI counsel Lalit Kumar Singh said. The judge has now recalled the warrants and fixed December 24 as the next date for recording evidence of the witnesses in the case.
Singh, the Samajwadi Party MP from Kaiserganj, and Pandey are accused in the Babri demolition case. Singh was the BJP MP from Gonda constituency at the time of razing down of the medieval monument.
On December 17, the CBI counsel was present along with 90th witness for recording evidence but both Singh and Pandey failed to appear in the court. The judge had then issued the non-bailable warrants against the two leaders.
Recommended For You
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes