Baby whose nose, lip, cheek were bitten off by father dies
Police said following the death of the girl, her 36-year-old father will be charged with murder.
Jaipur: A five-month-old-baby girl from Bikaner, whose father had bitten off parts of her lips, nose and cheek in a fit of rage, died at a government hospital in Jaipur on Wednesday. "The condition of the baby deteriorated last (Tuesday) night after she was breastfed by her mother. The milk entered into her lungs following which some complications developed and she was put on ventilator support but she died," spokesperson of the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital in Jaipur said. The girl was operated upon on Februrary 1.
Police said following the death of the baby, her 36-year-old father will be charged with murder. The father had allegedly bitten off parts of her nose, lips and cheek in a fit of rage leaving her face damaged in Bikaner in January. The accused was drunk when he reached his house in Siyana village and had a verbal spat with his wife over some domestic issue.
During the quarrel, he had bitten off the upper lip, nose and cheek of the baby in a fit of rage, according to the police. "It is really very sad. She developed respiratory complications last (Tuesday) night. She was put on ventilator and we were hoping that she would come out and fight like she was fighting for the last 10 days but unfortunately she succumbed to the complications," said Chairperson Child Rights Commission Deepak Kalra.
"As you know the surgery was five-and-half hours long. There were three surgeries that were done at one go and then she had to undergo two more surgeries. The case was complicated and unfortunately she could not go through it," she said.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent