Back injury forces Murray out of Madrid Open
Murray says it's "a big disappointment" to miss the event but that he is following his doctor's advice.
Madrid: Fourth-ranked Andy Murray has pulled out of the Madrid Open with a back injury. Murray says it is "a big disappointment" to miss the Masters series event but that he is following his doctor's advice. He reached the quarter-finals here in the last two years.
Murray last played on April 27, when he lost to Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (3) in the quarter-final of the Barcelona Open.
The player from Scotland will miss out on the opportunity to play on the new blue clay at the Madrid Open. It's replacing the traditional red-clay surface at the event, but players have complained it's slippery and provides a different bounce.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?