DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Back injury forces Murray out of Madrid Open
Murray says it's "a big disappointment" to miss the event but that he is following his doctor's advice.
Madrid: Fourth-ranked Andy Murray has pulled out of the Madrid Open with a back injury. Murray says it is "a big disappointment" to miss the Masters series event but that he is following his doctor's advice. He reached the quarter-finals here in the last two years.
Murray last played on April 27, when he lost to Milos Raonic 6-4, 7-6 (3) in the quarter-final of the Barcelona Open.
The player from Scotland will miss out on the opportunity to play on the new blue clay at the Madrid Open. It's replacing the traditional red-clay surface at the event, but players have complained it's slippery and provides a different bounce.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO