Baghdatis reaches last eight in Rotterdam
Marcos Baghdatis beat Feliciano Lopez to reach the quarter finals of the ABN Amro tournament.
Rotterdam: Marcos Baghdatis beat Feliciano Lopez 7-6 (3), 6-3 on Thursday to advance to a quarterfinal showdown with seventh-seeded Ivan Ljubicic.
Baghdatis had a tougher time overcoming the 44th-ranked Lopez than he did dispatching Australian Open finalist Andy Murray 6-4, 6-1 the previous evening as the Scot battled a left wrist injury.
Ljubicic downed French qualifier Benoit Paire 6-0, 6-4.
In the afternoon's other second-round match, fourth-seeded Tomas Berdych beat Russian qualifier Dmitry Tursunov 6-4, 4-6, 7-5.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test