Bahrain braces for Formula One race in April
Bahrain is preparing to host the region's biggest sporting event, the 2013 F1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, slated for April 19-21 at the Sakhir circuit.
Manama (Bahrain): Bahrain is preparing to host the region's biggest sporting event, the 2013 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, slated for April 19-21 at the Sakhir circuit.
Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) Chief Executive Shaikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa said that the top-class motor racing and entertainment event will witness a wide host of activities, reports Xinhua.
Salman unveiled the official slogan for this year's Grand Prix: "Imagine Your Moment." Officials announced that the event, which is the fourth round of the 2013 FIA Formula1 World Championship, will be held in cooperation with national carrier Gulf Air.
"The 2013 Formula1 Bahrain Gulf Air Grand Prix is expected to draw thousands of fans throughout the Middle East," said Gulf Air acting Chief Executive Officer Maher Salman Al Musallam.
In the 2012, about 70,000 spectators attended the race, with officials expecting a bigger turnout this year. BIC hopes to come close to matching its biggest-ever turnout to the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend of 100,000 fans in 2010.
The Formula One race is being held in Bahrain since April 2004, but in 2011 the event was cancelled because of the political unrest.
- To Me, Books Are More Important Than Films: Vishal Bhardwaj
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Karan Johar, Badshah to Team Up For a TV Show
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields