Bahrain GP not the season-opening race in 2014: Ecclestone
"No, we aren't making Bahrain the first race next year ... I think we will keep it as it is," said the F1 boss.
The season-opening race in 2014 will not be the Bahrain Grand Prix, Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed, saying that it's "just a rumour" and the race order is expected to remain as it is.
"No, we aren't making Bahrain the first race next year," Ecclestone was quoted as saying by the Gulf Daily News. "I think we will keep it as it is. It is just a rumour that it will change," the F1 supremo added.
Meanwhile, Australian GP organisers announced last month that they won't host the opening race in 2014 and that Bahrain would get the honour to stage the season-opener on March 2. But Ecclestone's latest comments refute those claims.
The Australian GP has been Formula One's opening race of the season ever since the event moved from Adelaide to Melbourne in 1996. Bahrain has staged the opening race twice, in 2006 and 2010.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"