Bajrang Dal protests against Kannada film
Members of Bajrang Dal and some other Hindu outfits today staged a protest in Mangalore against the movie 'KVSS'.
Mangalore: Members of Bajrang Dal and some other Hindu outfits today staged a protest in Mangalore against a newly released Kannada film by torching the posters, saying that it hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Protesters said that the movie 'Katari Veera Sura Sundarangi' contains unacceptable scenes such as a person having inclination towards Indra's daughter and bringing her to earth which hurt the sentiments of Hindus. Staging the protest in front of two theatres screening the film, the agitators numbering around 50, shouted slogans against the film's makers and set afire the posters.
Actors Upendra and Ambarish are cast in the main roles in the film and the protesters shouted slogans against them accusing them of being anti-Hindu. The protesters warned the theatre staff to cancel the show or face stern steps from them.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology