Balaji deserves all honours for 'Vazhakku En 18/9': Producer
'Vazhakku En 18/9' also won the best film award at the South Asian Film Festival.
Chennai: If there is one person who deserves all honours for Tamil teen crime-thriller 'Vazhakku En 18/9', it definitely has to be the film's director Balaji Sakthivel, says producer N Subash Chandrabose.
The critically acclaimed Tamil teen-crime thriller and Telugu blockbuster revenge-drama 'Eega' were named 2012's best feature films in their respective languages at the 60th National Film Awards announced Monday.
"Director Balaji Sakthivel deserves all the limelight for all honours received by our film in different film festivals. We have merely produced the film but it's his vision that has in turn given our banner worldwide acclaim", Chandrabose told IANS.
He admits that he had a hunch that his film will win a National Award. "I wouldn't say we were confident but deep down we had a feeling that our film will win the National Award. It was unanimously appreciated by critics and fans alike and, therefore, we were quite optimistic about the output", he added.
'Vazhakku En 18/9' won the best film award at South Asian Film Festival (SAFF) and Chennai International Film Festival (CIFF). It was also one of the Indian films nominated for Best Foreign Film category.
The film is about how the lives of youngsters today are shackled by sex, lies and crime. It featured all newcomers such as Mithun Murali, Sri, Urmila Mahanta and Manisha Yadav.
How do you wish to celebrate? "We have called for press meet this evening where we intend to share our happiness with all those who were associated with the success of the film", he said.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3