Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms owes Rs 30 cr to I-T dept
I-T officials had conducted raids at Balaji Telefilms office and residences of Ekta, her father Jeetendra and brother Tushaar on Tuesday.
Mumbai: Film and television producer Ekta Kapoor's production house Balaji Telefilms evaded tax to the tune of Rs 30 crore by inflating bills, said the Income Tax Department sources on Friday. Ekta has, however, now agreed to pay the remaining amount, added the sources.
I-T officials had conducted raids at Balaji Telefilms office in Mumbai on Tuesday. The raids were also carried out at the residences of Ekta, her father Jeetendra and brother Tushaar Kapoor.
Around 100 officials of the I-T Department had carried out search operations at the offices, residences, studios and other properties of the top officials of the film production house on Tuesday morning. The operations had started simultaneously at the Balaji Telefilms offices in Andheri, studios, residences of the top officials in Juhu and their offices on Linking Road, Andheri.
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP