Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms owes Rs 30 cr to I-T dept
I-T officials had conducted raids at Balaji Telefilms office and residences of Ekta, her father Jeetendra and brother Tushaar on Tuesday.
Mumbai: Film and television producer Ekta Kapoor's production house Balaji Telefilms evaded tax to the tune of Rs 30 crore by inflating bills, said the Income Tax Department sources on Friday. Ekta has, however, now agreed to pay the remaining amount, added the sources.
I-T officials had conducted raids at Balaji Telefilms office in Mumbai on Tuesday. The raids were also carried out at the residences of Ekta, her father Jeetendra and brother Tushaar Kapoor.
Around 100 officials of the I-T Department had carried out search operations at the offices, residences, studios and other properties of the top officials of the film production house on Tuesday morning. The operations had started simultaneously at the Balaji Telefilms offices in Andheri, studios, residences of the top officials in Juhu and their offices on Linking Road, Andheri.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right