Bali: Passenger plane skids off runway into sea, no casualties
The cause of the accident of the plane, which was carrying 100 passengers, remains unclear.
Jakarta: A Lion Air plane with more than 100 passengers skidded off the end of a runway into the sea on the Indonesian resort island of Bali, police said on Saturday.
Bali Police Chief Arif Wahyunadi told local TV One that all of the passengers and crew were evacuated from the plane and taken into the airport terminal for treatment.
Hospital officials and paramedics said at least seven passengers were taken to Sanglah hospital with head wounds and broken bones. Many passengers arrived with wet clothes and bruises.
The cause of the accident was unclear. Wahyunadi said the plane originated from Bandung, the capital of West Java province, and was landing in Bali.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief