'Balika Vadhu': Didn't struggle enough - Shashank
Playing the male lead in 'Balika Vadhu' was no less than a miracle for Shashank Vyas.
Mumbai: Playing the male lead in 'Balika Vadhu' was no less than a miracle for Shashank Vyas who feels he didn't struggle enough to bag such a big project in the first go.
"'Balika Vadhu' was like a miracle to me. When I got the role, I was scared as I had not struggled enough... so it was pressurising me in the beginning," he told IANS.
The cast of the shows boasts of well-known names like Surekha Sikri, Smita Bansal and Anup Soni and Shashank candidly admits: "I am the worst actor in 'Balika...' with the best role."
But the actor does not believe in taking any more pressure.
"I can't work if I take pressure or tension. I need to have an empty mind to be able to act well," said Shashank who plays protagonist Anandi's husband Jagdish in the show.
The recent twist in 'Balika Vadhu', about child marriage, shows that Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee) has moved on after her first husband Jagdish dumped her and married Gauri. She divorced him and tied the knot with Shiv, played by Siddharth Shukla.
"I have played so many different roles through my character which is why I feel that it is the best," the 26-year-old said.
The youngster doesn't believe in making future plans and said: "I don't want to ruin my present by thinking about the future. Life is being kind to me at the moment. If we try to look too much into the future, things look blurred."
He had played a small part in the movie "Tees Maar Khan", but medium doesn't matter to him as long as the work is good.
"It is all about the work. I will act in the same way in films as well as shows," he said.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday