DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Band Baaja...', 'Dabangg' sweep IIFA
The trophies will be presented on June 25th in Toronto, Canada
Mumbai: The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA)on Wednesday announced the winners of the technical awards categories for IIFA Awards 2011 with Band Baaja Baaraat, Dabangg and Robot leading the tally with three awards each.
The trophies will be presented on June 25th on the last day of the Videocon IIFA Weekend in Toronto, Canada.
Director Maneesh Sharma's Band Baaja Baaraat, starring Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh, won awards for editing (by Namrata Rao), song recording for Vijay Dayal's "Ainvayi ainvayi" and costume designing (by Niharika Khan).
Rajnikanth starrer Robot walked away with best art direction (Sabu Cyril), special effects and make-up (Banu).
Salman Khan starrer Dabangg won an award for choreography for the hit song "Munni badnaam hui", choreographed by Farah Khan, while Leslie Fernandes bagged the award for song recording. The film also won the award for best action by S. Vijayan.
The award for best cinematographer went to Sudeep Chatterjee for Guzaarish. Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy won the award for the best background score for My Name Is Khan while Pritam Das won the best sound recording award for Love, Sex Aur Dhoka.
The IIFA Awards voting process is monitored by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), the official auditors for the event.
The remaining IIFA winners will be announced on the awards night.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere