Bandra slums fire a conspiracy: Raj Thackeray
MNS chief Raj Thackeray has alleged that the fire last week was a conspiracy.
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday alleged that the fire in Garib Nagar slums in suburban Bandra last week was a "conspiracy".
Raj also targeted child actor Rubina - of 'Slumdog Millionaire' fame - for making hue and cry over the fire, in which her house too was burnt.
"The fire in Bandra slums was a conspiracy. No casualties were reported, only houses were burnt. How can the government and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation not be aware of the slums which have two-three-storey structures," Raj said in his speech on the fifth foundation-anniversary of his party.
"On one hand number of Maharashtrians in the city is declining and on the other hand, government is providing free housing to outsiders who live illegally in slums....Same conspiracy unfolded in Garib Nagar," he said.
As to Rubina, Raj said, "Rubina was provided a free house by the government after the success of the movie, why was she staying in the slums?"
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It