2 men accused of sexual harassment on Bangalore Metro surrender
A student had alleged that she was sexually harassed by four men while travelling on the Bangalore Metro about 15 days back.
Bangalore: Two of the four men accused of sexual harassment on the Bangalore Metro surrendered themselves to the police on Thursday.
The case relates to a complaint of eve-teasing lodged by a student who alleged that she was sexually harassed by four men while travelling on the Bangalore Metro about 15 days back.
The student alleged that though she tried to seek the help of Metro security guards, she did not get any help.
After major campaigns on social media sites, two of them - Ajay Ghosh and Akhilesh - surrendered. They were arrested by the police and released on bail later.
However, they have maintained that they are innocent - that they were merely by-standers, sitting next to two other men who were taking photos of themselves on the Metro.
They did not know who the other two were - and these two continue to be absconding.
Ajay and Akhilesh said they even offered to go to the police station with the girl when she seemed agitated but the victim told them that she wasn't taking up the issue.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology