Now, Bangalore cops to protest against lawyers
In a recent brawl between lawyers and mediapersons outside a court in Bangalore, several policemen, including a DGP, were hurt.
Bangalore: Police officials in Bangalore are likely to wear black badges on Friday in protest against the recent brawl between lawyers and mediapersons outside a court, in which, several policemen, including a DGP, were hurt.
Last week, lawyers at the City's Civil court assaulted media persons and policemen. The bar council also went against a Supreme Court directive and boycotted court proceedings - demanding the release of 4 arrested lawyers Meanwhile, the Karnataka High Court today has ordered notices to the Union and state govt, the I&B ministry and the media.
The PIl was filed by the Advocates Association of Bangalore alleges one-sided coverage of the clashes.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi