DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bangalore: Men in skirts pledge to support women
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues.
Bangalore: Dressed in colourful skirts, a group of 25 men from different walks of life gathered at the famous Cubbon Park in Bangalore, pledging support to women and their rights.
The men, including company professionals and entrepreneurs, took a pledge to be sensitive to gender issues. The brainchild of two youngsters, Samarpita Samaddar, a communications professional, and Aditya Mallya, an entrepreneur, this initiative was made through Facebook.
"The message we wanted to give to the world was that a particular dress does not lead to sexual harassment or rape of a woman", Samarpita said.
"Though we received a response from over 500 men across the country, in reality over 25 men actually turned up in skirts, which I think is also a big thing as it takes a lot for a man to dress like a woman".
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes