Bangalore: Narrow escape for over 100 passengers as Indigo flight hits runway lights
The flight from Delhi landed at the Bangalore airport amidst rain and hit the runway lights, deflating its tyres.
Over 100 people on board an Indigo flight from Delhi had a miraculous escape when the aircraft landed at Bengaluru International Airport amidst heavy rain and hit the runway lights, deflating its tyres.
"All 110 passengers and six crew members on board are safe with no injuries reported. They have been deplaned safely," an Indigo spokesperson said in Delhi.
Air traffic was closed for about two hours at the airport following the incident. The Airbus A-320, operating Indigo flight 6E-125, from Delhi to Bengaluru landed on runway 27 at the airport at 2010 hrs.
The aircraft veered to the right and hit five runway lights, leading to deflation of the right-tyres of the aircraft, airport sources said. This was confirmed by an airline spokesman.
The aircraft suffered damages and has been grounded for maintenance, they said. DGCA has launched an inquiry into the incident and the no-frills carrier has also reported it to the aviation regulator.
Officials at the airport said poor visibility due to the heavy downpour may have led to the incident but hastened to add that only an investigation could throw light on the matter.
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official