Bangalore bus strike leaves city paralysed
Nearly 6000 buses are off Bangalore's roads. Another 8000 buses across the state are not plying.
Bangalore: The strike called by workers of Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) and Bangalore Metro Transport Corporation (BMTC) has left commuters stranded in Bangalore and elsewhere in the state.
Nearly 6000 buses which form the lifeline of Bangalore are off roads. Another 8000 buses across the state are not plying.
KSRTC and BMTC employees are demanding a revision of their pay structure as well as turning 33,000 temporary positions into permanent ones. They also want the government to change what they call its 'anti-labour' policies.
Commuters were seen stranded at major bus terminals like the Majestic bus station and at significant city intersections at Kormangla, Indiranagar etc.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right