Bangladesh: Crude bombs hurled at BNP office
The BNP has called for strike in Dhaka on Wednesday, as fears grow of more violence in the next few days, particularly within minorities.
Dhaka: Three to four crude bombs were hurled at the office of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) in Naya Paltan, where a meeting of the party was going on. However, no one was injured.
The BNP has called for strike in Dhaka on Wednesday, as fears grow of more violence in the next few days, particularly within minorities. Hindus and Buddhists are being targeted and more than 40 temples and 100 homes have been destroyed.
Meanwhile, expressing concern over the violence in Bangladesh, BJP president Rajnath Singh called for a national policy for rehabilitation and relief of refugees. "I demand that the government should have a national policy for rehabilitation and relief for refugees coming from Bangladesh," Singh told reporters here.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology