Bangladesh building collapse: Woman rescued alive after 17 days
As emergency service workers pulled out the woman, identified as Reshma, the onlookers burst into cheers.
Dhaka: A woman was rescued on Friday after spending 17 days trapped under the rubble of a Bangladesh factory building that collapsed on April 24, killing more than 1,000 people, police and military officials said.
Bangladeshi television channels broadcast live footage of emergency service workers pulling the woman from the collapsed building, as onlookers burst into cheers.
The woman, identified by Bangladeshi media only as Reshma, was shown being carried on a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance as a rescue worker applied an oxygen mask to her face. "She had been rescued and taken to a military hospital," said Bangladesh's army spokesman Shahinul Islam.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- First LookNew 2017 Toyota Prius First Look: Launches in India in January 2017
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team