Bangladesh building collapse: Woman rescued alive after 17 days
As emergency service workers pulled out the woman, identified as Reshma, the onlookers burst into cheers.
Dhaka: A woman was rescued on Friday after spending 17 days trapped under the rubble of a Bangladesh factory building that collapsed on April 24, killing more than 1,000 people, police and military officials said.
Bangladeshi television channels broadcast live footage of emergency service workers pulling the woman from the collapsed building, as onlookers burst into cheers.
The woman, identified by Bangladeshi media only as Reshma, was shown being carried on a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance as a rescue worker applied an oxygen mask to her face. "She had been rescued and taken to a military hospital," said Bangladesh's army spokesman Shahinul Islam.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Happy Birthday Kangana Ranaut: Why the Actress Continues to Inspire Women
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A vs Redmi 3S: What's the Best Budget Xiaomi Phone
- Sonam Kapoor Looks So Ethereal In This Sabyasachi Ensemble