Bangladesh postpones Pakistan's cricket tour
The tour was postponed on the advice of the Bangladesh government.
Dhaka, Bangladesh: Pakistan's cricket tour of Bangladesh was postponed on Thursday for security reasons.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board said the tour was postponed on the advice of the government, and no new dates had been announced.
The Pakistan team was scheduled to arrive in Bangladesh on Saturday for two Twenty20 matches and five one-day internationals.
The postponement comes after a terrorist attack on the Sri Lanka team in Pakistan on Tuesday, and amid deadly political violence in Bangladesh involving border guards and the army.
Pakistan Cricket Board chief operating officer Salim Altaf said he did not know when the tour could proceed.
"They have informed us that the tour has been postponed," Altaf said.
"But they have not informed us what will be the new dates of the tour."
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"