'Bangladeshi rape victim was whipped to death'
The girl's body was exhumed on Monday for a fresh autopsy in compliance with the court order.
Dhaka: The teenager who died after she was raped and whipped a 100 times following a fatwa by local clerics had suffered "heavy wounds" all over her body, said a fresh autopsy report submitted to the high court in Dhaka.
Media and judicial activism has helped revive the case of the teenager who was "whipped to death", according to a Daily Star report.
The second medical report gives gruesome details.
The police on Wednesday arrested the alleged rapist, Mahbub Khan, who was on the run, from the outskirts of the national capital.
The teenager's body bore "heavy wounds" all over, the high court said, quoting the fresh autopsy report submitted to it.
Taking suo motu notice of media reports quoting several people who witnessed the whipping incident, the bench of Justice AHM Shamsuddin Chowdhury Manik and Justice Sheikh Mohammed Zakir Hossain had ordered exhuming of victim's body and a fresh autopsy.
The teenager's death was homicidal in nature, the court said, quoting the post-mortem examination report of the Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
The court said there was "a vast difference" between the fresh autopsy report and the one made earlier by Shariatpur Sadar Hospital.
According to Shariatpur hospital's report, there was no injury on the victim's body.
The girl's body was exhumed on Monday night for a fresh autopsy in compliance with the court order.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Mulayam Singh Explores Political Possibilities Amid Challenges Posed By Akhilesh
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Addresses Party Workers At SP Office Amid Cheers
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers