DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bank manager killed by relative in Delhi
Vinod Das was returning from a morning walk when he was attacked by his relative, Bharat.
New Delhi: A 50-year-old senior bank manager was stabbed to death by his relative for reasons of some personal enmity on Wednesday, police said. Vinod Das, a Corporation Bank senior manager, was killed by his relative Bharat at around 7.55 am near Dharamshila Hospital in east Delhi's New Ashok Nagar.
Das was a resident of Trilokpuri, a locality adjacent to New Ashok Nagar. "At the time of the incident, Das was returning from a morning walk. The attacker approached Das and stabbed him several times before fleeing from the spot," said a police officer.
Passers-by informed the police and Das was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead, said the officer, adding that a case of murder has been registered against the attacker, Bharat, who is a relative of Das and a hunt is now on to nab him.
The officer said that Bharat, who has a criminal background, resides in the neighbourhood of Das. Initial information revealed that the attacker had some personal enmity with Das, said the police officer.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish