Bank manager killed by relative in Delhi
Vinod Das was returning from a morning walk when he was attacked by his relative, Bharat.
New Delhi: A 50-year-old senior bank manager was stabbed to death by his relative for reasons of some personal enmity on Wednesday, police said. Vinod Das, a Corporation Bank senior manager, was killed by his relative Bharat at around 7.55 am near Dharamshila Hospital in east Delhi's New Ashok Nagar.
Das was a resident of Trilokpuri, a locality adjacent to New Ashok Nagar. "At the time of the incident, Das was returning from a morning walk. The attacker approached Das and stabbed him several times before fleeing from the spot," said a police officer.
Passers-by informed the police and Das was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead, said the officer, adding that a case of murder has been registered against the attacker, Bharat, who is a relative of Das and a hunt is now on to nab him.
The officer said that Bharat, who has a criminal background, resides in the neighbourhood of Das. Initial information revealed that the attacker had some personal enmity with Das, said the police officer.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right