Baramulla firing: Situation tense in Kashmir
Army on Tuesday night ordered a time-bound Court of Inquiry into the firing incident in Baramulla in which a youth was killed and 4 others injured.
Srinagar: Army on Tuesday night ordered a time-bound Court of Inquiry into the firing incident in Baramulla district of Kashmir in which a youth was killed and 4 others injured.
The Opposition PDP is likely to move adjournment motion in the state Assembly to discuss the Baramulla firing incident. The 25-year-old man was killed and four were injured in firing allegedly by security forces during protests in Baramulla town of north Kashmir. However, Army denied the allegations that the youth died due to troop firing. Army in a statement said the personnel fired in the air which could not have caused death of the youth or injury to anyone.
Meanwhile, curfew was imposed on Tuesday night in 10 police station areas of Kashmir Valley as a precautionary measure with the authorities apprehending law and order problem following the killing of a youth in firing allegedly by security forces in Baramulla district. Curfew has been imposed in Rainawari, Khanyar, Navhatta, Safar Kadal and Maharajganj police station areas of old city and Zadibal, Maisuma and Kalan Khaud in the new city.
With additional Inputs From PTI
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pakistan to Act Against Terror Groups Who Seek to Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta