'Barfee' is my most challenging role: Priyanka
Directed by Anurag Basu, it features Ranbir Kapoor as a deaf and dumb person
New Delhi: After creditably essaying seven looks in 7 Khoon Maaf and 12 different characters in What's Your Raashee?, Priyanka Chopra will be seen as a mentally-challenged girl in her upcoming film Barfee, which she describes as "by far the most challenging role".
"I have started shooting for the film, have shot nearly five days till now. I must admit that it is quite a difficult task," said Priyanka, who was here to unveil the wedding collection by jewellery brand for the ongoing The Great Indian Wedding Carnival.
"There is a very thin line between caricature and real. But surely, this role is by far the most challenging that I have come across," added the 28-year-old who is reportedly spending time in a mental asylum to get into the skin of the character.
The film is being directed by Anurag Basu and it features Ranbir Kapoor as a deaf and dumb person, while Ileana D'Cruz is set to play a narrator.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone