DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Barfi' likely to be remade in Tamil
'Barfi' is likely to be remade in Tamil and a top notch southern star has reportedly shown interest in the project.
After making it big in Bollywoood, 'Barfi' is likely to be remade in Tamil and a top notch southern star has reportedly shown interest in the project.
Dhananjayan of Disney UTV told IANS: "It is too early to talk about the remake of 'Barfi'. Although one of the leading heroes has expressed his interest to do the film and a good director has also agreed to make the film."
"If confirmed, it will go on floors in Feburuary-March 2013," he added.
Directed by Anurag Basu, 'Barfi' a light-hearted film about the life of a deaf and mute boy, played by Ranbir Kapoor, and his bonding with an autistic girl (Priyanka Chopra) was a runaway success at the box office.
The Rs 30 crore film has so far garnered Rs 98.8 crore at the box office.
The film has also been chosen as India's official entry for the Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
UTV is currently working on the Tamil remake of 'Delhi Belly' titled 'Settai', starring Arya, Hansika Motwani, Santhanam, Premgi Amaren and Anjali.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar