Battalion ordered not to cut trees
CHENNAI: The Madras HC has restrained the Commandant of XV Battalion of TN Special Police (TNSP) in Sundarampalli in Dharmapuri, f..
CHENNAI: The Madras HC has restrained the Commandant of XV Battalion of TN Special Police (TNSP) in Sundarampalli in Dharmapuri, from cutting the trees and causing damage to check dams in Sevoor, Vellore.
A division bench granted the injunction on Friday while passing interim orders on a public interest writ plea filed by V Dasarathan of Sevoor. The main prayer was to restrain the Battalion from establishing its headquarters and camp activities on 76 acres belonging to the Sevoor panchayat and for a direction to the government to provide any other suitable land for the battalion. According to petitioner, the panchayat passed a resolution to hand over the land to the Battalion in 2007. But, in 2010, it adopted another resolution cancelling the earlier one. However, they occupied the land, erected tents and started cutting trees.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement