2 dead in Bawana fire; angry locals target police
Prima facie, it appears the fire began due to a cylinder blast but officials are trying to find out the exact cause.
New Delhi: Two people, including a child, died on Friday when a massive fire broke out at a slum area in Delhi's Bawana region. Angry locals targeted police officials, who had reached the spot to tender assistance.
20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and have finally contained the fire. Five people have been injured in the fire, which took place near an industrial area.
Police said over a hundred shanties have been gutted. Prima facie, it appears that the fire began due to cylinder blast but fire officials are trying to find out the exact cause.
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test