BB10 OS will come to the PlayBook, confirms RIM
The new BlackBerry 10 OS is based on the same QNX platform as the current Playbook OS.
New Delhi: According to a report from Techradar, the BlackBerry PlayBook will be getting the BB10 OS as soon as it gets ready. Though no specific timeframe has been set by the company as yet, but the company claims to bring the BB10 OS to the Playbook later this year.
Rob Orr, RIM's VP of product management, confirmed the news to Techradar. He said, "We've said publicly a number of times that our first BB10 handset will be available towards the end of 2012, and that's still firmly the case," adding "At some point after the launch we'll bring BB10 to our PlayBooks, yes."
Owners will be relieved to hear that they will benefit from the new BlackBerry 10 OS, which is based on the same QNX platform as the current Playbook OS.
But when exactly will this take place is something that we still look forward to hear from RIM.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology