BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall charged with rape, assault
Stuart Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
London: Police say that a well-known BBC broadcaster has been charged with one count of rape and 14 counts of indecent assault.
Lancashire Police say the indecent assault offenses 83-year-old sports broadcaster Stuart Hall are alleged to have committed occurred from 1967 to 1986, and involved 10 girls aged from nine to 16 years old.
The rape is alleged to have been committed in 1976 against a 22-year-old woman.
Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
Earlier in January, Hall pleaded not guilty to sexually abusing three young girls in the 1970s and 1980s. It was not clear if those cases were included in the latest charges.
Hall has been told to appear at a court hearing on February 7.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?