BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall charged with rape, assault
Stuart Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
London: Police say that a well-known BBC broadcaster has been charged with one count of rape and 14 counts of indecent assault.
Lancashire Police say the indecent assault offenses 83-year-old sports broadcaster Stuart Hall are alleged to have committed occurred from 1967 to 1986, and involved 10 girls aged from nine to 16 years old.
The rape is alleged to have been committed in 1976 against a 22-year-old woman.
Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
Earlier in January, Hall pleaded not guilty to sexually abusing three young girls in the 1970s and 1980s. It was not clear if those cases were included in the latest charges.
Hall has been told to appear at a court hearing on February 7.
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets
- FIFA WC Qualifiers: Saudi Arabia, Iran Go Top After Australia Draw With Japan