BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall charged with rape, assault
Stuart Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
London: Police say that a well-known BBC broadcaster has been charged with one count of rape and 14 counts of indecent assault.
Lancashire Police say the indecent assault offenses 83-year-old sports broadcaster Stuart Hall are alleged to have committed occurred from 1967 to 1986, and involved 10 girls aged from nine to 16 years old.
The rape is alleged to have been committed in 1976 against a 22-year-old woman.
Hall's arrest followed recent revelations that late BBC entertainer Jimmy Savile was a serial sex abuser.
Earlier in January, Hall pleaded not guilty to sexually abusing three young girls in the 1970s and 1980s. It was not clear if those cases were included in the latest charges.
Hall has been told to appear at a court hearing on February 7.
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC