UK TV journo arrested for smothering dying lover
The 70-year-old journalist did not say where or when the incident took place
London: British police say they have arrested a TV reporter on suspicion of murder after he claimed to have smothered his dying lover in an act of mercy.
Ray Gosling said this week in a BBC TV program that he killed the man, who had AIDS, to end his suffering.
The 70-year-old journalist did not say where or when the incident took place. He said he believed he had made the right decision and had no regrets.
Nottinghamshire Police said on Wednesday that they had arrested a 70-year-old Nottingham man on suspicion of murder.
They did not mention Gosling by name, but said the arrest followed comments on the BBC's "Inside Out" program Monday evening.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed