BBM for Android, iPhone: BlackBerry does away with the queue
Now there is no more waiting to install and to start using BlackBerry Messenger on Android and iPhone.
New Delhi: While the early birds got the worm, the latecomers were made to wait to start using BBM on their Android devices and iPhones. A month after the scuttled initial launch, when BlackBerry finally announced the BBM for Android and iPhone relaunch, there was a waiting period for users who didn't pre-register on BBM.com.
Now there is no more waiting to install and to start using BBM. This line up was one of the most repeated complaints that eager users had about the relaunch.
A number of issues with BBM on iOS 7 were also reported and BlackBerry says it has fixed some of them with a new version.
According to BlackBerry, BBM for Android and iPhone clocked over 10 million downloads in the first 24 hours of its relaunch.
While the enthusiasm to install is still high, there have been some scathing reviews of the cross-platform BBM that have questioned BBM's ability to stand up against other popular messaging apps.
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee