BBM for Android, iPhone: BlackBerry does away with the queue
Now there is no more waiting to install and to start using BlackBerry Messenger on Android and iPhone.
New Delhi: While the early birds got the worm, the latecomers were made to wait to start using BBM on their Android devices and iPhones. A month after the scuttled initial launch, when BlackBerry finally announced the BBM for Android and iPhone relaunch, there was a waiting period for users who didn't pre-register on BBM.com.
Now there is no more waiting to install and to start using BBM. This line up was one of the most repeated complaints that eager users had about the relaunch.
A number of issues with BBM on iOS 7 were also reported and BlackBerry says it has fixed some of them with a new version.
According to BlackBerry, BBM for Android and iPhone clocked over 10 million downloads in the first 24 hours of its relaunch.
While the enthusiasm to install is still high, there have been some scathing reviews of the cross-platform BBM that have questioned BBM's ability to stand up against other popular messaging apps.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- BJP Accuses AAP of Nepotism, Alleges it Gave Contractual Jobs to Volunteers
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting