DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Deccan Chargers set to have a new owner: Sources
CNN-IBN has learnt that the base price for the franchise could be fixed between Rs 550 and 700 crore.
New Delhi: The beleaguered Deccan Chargers IPL team is all set to have a new owner. Sources have told CNN-IBN that the BCCI could issue a tender for the franchise and that the board is likely to put up the Deccan franchise for re-sale.
Sources say the board is keen to ensure the franchise stays afloat and in all likelihood, the tender is likely to be issued within a week
Sources have also added that two corporate giants from Chennai and Ahmedabad are keen on ownership. CNN-IBN has learnt that the base price for the franchise could be fixed between Rs 550 and 700 crore.
According to some BCCI officials, the board is looking at a buyer who will at least agree on paying the players' dues from the last edition of the IPL.
In case BCCI does not get a buyer who is ready to shoulder a part of the liability, then it will have to encash the bank guarantee and pay their dues.
Till last information received, BCCI president N. Srinivasan was engaged in a closed-door discussion with the senior representatives of one of the banks but the outcome of that meeting is yet to be known.
Deccan Chargers won the second edition in South Africa in 2009, but have been on the wane since then.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande