Be on your toes, police, excise told
BHUBANESWAR: The State Government on Thursday directed the Police and the Excise departments to remain alert and conduct raids on ..
BHUBANESWAR: The State Government on Thursday directed the Police and the Excise departments to remain alert and conduct raids on suspected joints across the State in the wake of the liquor tragedy.
A high-level meeting presided by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik reviewed the post-liquor tragedy situation. The meeting was told that Excise squads conducted raids at 27 places in Khurda and Cuttack districts and arrested 27 persons. Epeecarm bottles were seized from two persons. The police, conducting separate raids, seized 20 bottles of Epeecarm and Cinnamon from Khurda district.
The Chief Minister asked the Health, Excise and Police departments to intensify public awareness on the wrongful use of the digestive. Chief Secretary BK Patnaik, Home Secretary Upendra Behera, Excise Secretary RK Sharma, Health Secretary Anu Garg and Police Commissioner BK Sharma were present.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology