Bedene will soon break into top 50: Tipsarevic
Tipservic said that Bedene is a upcoming player and he will break into top-50 in short time.
Chennai: Second-seeded Serbian Janko Tipsarevic is happy to make it to the second final but brushed aside 'favourites' tag ahead of the final. Addressing a post-match media conference, Tipsarevic said "All the three other semi-finalists were unseeded players and it is always tough to play them. They get the liberty to relax as whatever they do will be gain to them. I should mix caution with aggression in the final just like I have been doing in my earlier matches this season."
Praising his Slovak rival Aljas Bedene for his performance in disposing off top-seeded and world No. 6 Thomas Berdych on Friday, Tipservic said,"In my opinion, Bedene is a upcoming player and he will break into top 50 in short time. He is not tentative in playing his shots against top 10 players."
About his argument with the chair-umpire this evening midway his-semi final match, Tipservic said "I was penalised by the umpire for taking time between points. I was only asking the boys for three balls and I was informed that I had taken longer then the stipulated 25 seconds."
He termed the rule as a "stupid" one. "It makes no sense to have such a rule. Especially here, the ball boys were not ready on some occasions, plus it's so humid and since I have to keep adjusting my glasses. It's a stupid rule and I'm happy Grand Slams are not supporting it," he said.
The ATP had brought in this experimental rule this week in tour tournaments played here with Doha and Brisbane and players have raised objections on the rule which applies to ATP Tour and Challenger events.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18