Beer can help lower cholesterol, fight cancer, kill viruses
The study also found that dark beer has higher iron content compared to lighter beers.
Washington: Despite its bad reputation, beer has a number of natural antioxidants and vitamins that can help prevent heart disease and even rebuild muscles, study claims.
Researchers have found that beer has several surprising health benefits that can help lower cholesterol, fight cancer and even kill viruses. Beer, however, also has one of the highest energy content and can make a person fat, Fox News reported.
Beer is 93 per cent water and according to a Spanish study, it may actually provide better hydration than H2O alone when a person is sweating out under the sun.
Calorie-wise, you may be tempted to grab a light lager, but for health benefits, a dark beer is the better choice, the report said. According to the report, dark beers tend to have the most antioxidants, which help reverse cellular damage that occurs naturally in the body.
A study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture has also found that dark beer has higher iron content compared to lighter beers. Iron is an essential mineral in human cells and does many jobs including carrying oxygen from our lungs throughout the rest of our body.
Another good choice, the report said, is micro-brews, which are healthier than mass-produced cans, because they have more hops. Hops contain polyphenols, which help lower cholesterol, fight cancer and kill viruses.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Lendl Simmons Sacking Led to Windies Meltdown, Claims Kieron Pollard
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- I'm the Only Top Actress Who Has Done B-grade Films: Kangana Ranaut
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi