Bejoy Nambiar to release 'David' trailer on Twitter
The film is a story of three different Davids in three different times.
Mumbai: 'Shaitan' director Bejoy Nambiar has decided to release the first trailer of his next film 'David' on micro-blogging site Twitter. The director reportedly does not want it to appear in theatres and feels that releasing the trailer online will help attract his core audience, the youth.
"'David' is a novel, edgy film, so he wants to be very innovative with the marketing. He will release the trailer of the film online and not in theatres," a source said.
The film is a story of three different Davids in three different times and stars southern actor Vikram, Lara Dutta, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Tabu, Isha Sharvani in pivotal roles.
"Initially it was to be released with 'Khiladi 786' last week or with 'Dabangg 2', that is due to release on December 21 but Bejoy decided otherwise. He believes his core audience is the youth, which is more into the internet. The trailer can go viral that way," the source said.
"Bejoy does not want it to appear in theaters first, even though it is the primary outlet for first looks and promos of the film. It can be in theatres only once it is online," it added.
The first trailer will be released on December 14.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology