Belgaum student rape: Police arrest fiance of victim
According to the police, the man allegedly raped and killed his fiancee as she had been postponing their marriage.
Belgaum: The Belgaum Police on Sunday arrested the fiance of the girl whose mutilated body was found on a road in the district on Saturday. According to the police, the man allegedly raped his 20-year-old fiancee and killed her.
The police, for the time being, however, have ruled out that the girl was gangraped. The police said that the girl had been postponing their marriage and refusing his advances and this was the reason why her fiance allegedly raped and killed her.
The woman's body was found along with her bag, footwear and college identity card on the road.
There were injuries on her face, which suggested she had been hit with sharp objects. The woman's caste name was also etched on her body.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid