Belgian boy fools airport security, flies without ticket
Asked where his parents were, the child answered in French that they were registering for a flight.
Moscow: A 12-year-old Belgian boy managed to sneak into the international departure zone of the Brussels airport and boarded a plane to Spain without a ticket. Belgium's RTBF broadcaster said the boy, whose name was not disclosed, was spotted by a police officer in the airport of the southern Spanish city of Malaga on Saturday.
Asked where his parents were, the child answered in French that they were registering for a flight. It turned out, however, that the boy arrived in Malaga on a Jet Air flight without a boarding pass or ID.
The air carrier and security services of the airport are studying CCTV camera footage in an attempt to find out how the child managed to pass a security check and board the plane, because minors are not allowed to travel without being accompanied by an adult.
"There are many question marks in this case. If this child arrived in Malaga by taking one of our flights, we should know how he got there. If there was an error, it is important to know where it occurred," Jet Air spokesperson Florence Bruyere was quoted as saying.
The child was declared missing by his parents. The reason why the boy had suddenly decided to travel to Spain without informing his parents was not clear.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1