Bengali film released in 270 screens, sets record
Besides Dev, the cast includes Ashish Vidyarthi, Rajatabha Datta and new heroine Puja Bose.
Kolkata: With masala flick 'Challenge-2' being opened in 270 screens across the country, the highest number of theatres for a Bengali film, the movie has set a new record, the film's producers said. Starring Dev, 'Challenge-2' is being screened in both single screen and multiplexes in Mumbai, in single screens of Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, MP and Assam.
The occupancy rate is over 60 per cent since the October 19 release, producers Mahendra Soni said. "This is the first time a non-double-version Bengali flick has been released in 270 theatres across the country and continues its successful run in the non-niche segment of core viewers outside Bengal," Soni told PTI.
"The camera work normally associated with Bollywood entertainers, the glossy look, the sleek stunt shots and the fast paced editing helped in winning the audience, even outside Bengal," director Raja Chanda said.
The film's music was done by Jeet Ganguly who is familiar to the pan-Indian audience, Chanda, a known name in Bengali potboilers. We are planning to screen 'Challenge-2' abroad for the Indian diaspora by the end of this year, Soni of Venkatesh Films said.
Besides Dev, the cast includes Ashish Vidyarthi, Rajatabha Datta and new heroine Puja Bose. 'Challenge', the prequel of 'Challenge-2', had been released in Bengal territory only.
Recommended For You
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Keep CalmBaywatch Trailer is Out and It's Not At All About Priyanka Chopra
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable