Benneteau loses at Portugal Open
Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open.
Lisbon: Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open on Tuesday, defeating the Frenchman 6-3, 6-4.
In the women's event, top-seeded Marion Bartoli also exited the tournament. After a poor start in her first-round match, the Frenchwoman fought back against Peng Shuai to win the second set before losing the match 6-0, 1-6, 6-4.
Third-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia went through with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Israel's Shahar Peer.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology