Benneteau loses at Portugal Open
Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open.
Lisbon: Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open on Tuesday, defeating the Frenchman 6-3, 6-4.
In the women's event, top-seeded Marion Bartoli also exited the tournament. After a poor start in her first-round match, the Frenchwoman fought back against Peng Shuai to win the second set before losing the match 6-0, 1-6, 6-4.
Third-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia went through with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Israel's Shahar Peer.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- At paltry Rs 150 crore, gold bonds scheme fails to glitter
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Heavy traffic jams reported in Delhi on Dhanteras
- Gold sales jump about 20 per cent for Diwali: Trade body