Benneteau loses at Portugal Open
Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open.
Lisbon: Pablo Carreno-Busta of Spain upset fifth-seeded Julien Benneteau in the first round of the Portugal Open on Tuesday, defeating the Frenchman 6-3, 6-4.
In the women's event, top-seeded Marion Bartoli also exited the tournament. After a poor start in her first-round match, the Frenchwoman fought back against Peng Shuai to win the second set before losing the match 6-0, 1-6, 6-4.
Third-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia went through with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Israel's Shahar Peer.
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna