Berdych advances to 3rd round at Australian Open
Berdych will next play the winner of the match between Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
Melbourne: Former Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych advanced to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 win over Guillaume Rufin of France on Wednesday. Serving for the match, Berdych double-faulted to give Rufin a breakpoint chance, but saved it and later finished off with an ace on match point.
The fifth-seeded Berdych lost the 2010 Wimbledon final to Rafael Nadal after beating Roger Federer in the quarterfinals and Novak Djokovic in the semis.
Berdych, who beat American Michael Russell in the first round, will next play the winner of the match between No. 26 Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Here is a Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by CM Akhilesh Yadav
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast