Berdych advances to 3rd round at Australian Open
Berdych will next play the winner of the match between Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
Melbourne: Former Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych advanced to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 win over Guillaume Rufin of France on Wednesday. Serving for the match, Berdych double-faulted to give Rufin a breakpoint chance, but saved it and later finished off with an ace on match point.
The fifth-seeded Berdych lost the 2010 Wimbledon final to Rafael Nadal after beating Roger Federer in the quarterfinals and Novak Djokovic in the semis.
Berdych, who beat American Michael Russell in the first round, will next play the winner of the match between No. 26 Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It