Berdych advances to 3rd round at Australian Open
Berdych will next play the winner of the match between Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
Melbourne: Former Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych advanced to the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-2, 6-2, 6-4 win over Guillaume Rufin of France on Wednesday. Serving for the match, Berdych double-faulted to give Rufin a breakpoint chance, but saved it and later finished off with an ace on match point.
The fifth-seeded Berdych lost the 2010 Wimbledon final to Rafael Nadal after beating Roger Federer in the quarterfinals and Novak Djokovic in the semis.
Berdych, who beat American Michael Russell in the first round, will next play the winner of the match between No. 26 Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Roberto Bautista Agut of Spain.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN