Berdych stuns Federer to reach Dubai Open final
Tomas Berdych beat defending champion Roger Federer 3-6, 7-6 (8), 6-4 to set up a final clash against Novak Djokovic.
Dubai: Tomas Berdych saved three match points before beating defending champion Roger Federer 3-6, 7-6 (8), 6-4 on Friday to set up a Dubai Championships final against Novak Djokovic.
In a back-and-forth tiebreaker, Berdych led 4-2 before needing to save two match points - the second with a powerful serve. The Czech player then wasted a set point before Federer failed to convert his third match point. Berdych finally clinched the set with a blistering return.
The second-ranked Federer has still not reached a final in 2013. Earlier, Djokovic stormed past fourth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 7-6 (4).
What do you think?
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates