DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Berdych stuns Federer to reach Dubai Open final
Tomas Berdych beat defending champion Roger Federer 3-6, 7-6 (8), 6-4 to set up a final clash against Novak Djokovic.
Dubai: Tomas Berdych saved three match points before beating defending champion Roger Federer 3-6, 7-6 (8), 6-4 on Friday to set up a Dubai Championships final against Novak Djokovic.
In a back-and-forth tiebreaker, Berdych led 4-2 before needing to save two match points - the second with a powerful serve. The Czech player then wasted a set point before Federer failed to convert his third match point. Berdych finally clinched the set with a blistering return.
The second-ranked Federer has still not reached a final in 2013. Earlier, Djokovic stormed past fourth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro 6-3, 7-6 (4).
What do you think?
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings