Berlocq advances to face Nadal in Barcelona Open
Carlos Berlocq set up a second-round match against Nadal at the Barcelona Open by defeating Daniel Gimeno-Traver of Spain 7-5, 6-4.
Barcelona: Carlos Berlocq of Argentina set up a second-round match against defending champion Rafael Nadal at the Barcelona Open by defeating Daniel Gimeno-Traver of Spain 7-5, 6-4 on Tuesday.
Nadal last played Berlocq at the Brasil Open and rallied to win 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 in the quarterfinals. Berlocq says Nadal appears to be in better physical condition now than in February, saying "he is in an awesome shape." Nadal is looking for his eighth Barcelona Open title.
In second-round matches on Tuesday, eighth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany overcame Andrey Kuznetsov of Russia, 6-3, 6-7 (5), 7-6 (2), while Jeremy Chardy of France beat Paolo Lorenzi of Italy 6-2, 6-4.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More