Bhaag Milkha Bhaag: Farhan trains like Olympians
Farhan Akhtar went through gruelling training like an athlete to look perfect for his role in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
New Delhi: Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra of 'Rang De Basanti' fame, who is making a biopic on Milkha Singh, says the film's lead Farhan Akhtar went through gruelling training like an athlete to look the part.
"My only brief to my team was that we are not preparing an actor, we are training an athlete to win gold at the next Olympics. There was a lot of hard work, training everyday, six hours out on the field and then the gym. We had three athletic instructors, a technical expert for speed and endurance, all that is required to train an athlete," Mehra told PTI.
Farhan's look in the film has already created quite a buzz and Mehra says the reason why that sole picture of the actor from the sets of 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' has generated so much response is because it is full of sincerity.
"There are so many actors playing sardars but the reason why this one has struck a chord with the audience is due to the sincerity dripping from it. The amount of hard work that boy has put in, he can one day write a book upon it," said the 'Delhi 6' maker, who will be conducting a music workshop at the IIFA awards in Singapore.
A picture from the movie shows Farhan sporting a beard, long hair and a buffed up body. Mehra says it is comparatively easier to achieve the look on the outside than feel what Milkha is like on the inside.
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand