DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bhajji, Mona Singh summoned for 'Ravan-Sita' dance
The duo had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina.
Chandigarh: A Chandigarh court on Thursday issued summons to cricketer Harbhajan Singh and TV actress Mona Singh for hurting religious sentiments with their 'Ravan-Sita' dance on a dance reality show in October last year.
Harbhajan and Mona, of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame, had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina as mythological demon-king Ravan and Sita. In Hindu mythology, Ram's wife Sita was abducted by Ravan.
"The have hurt religious sentiments of the masses. Harbhajan had earlier apologised in a five-star hotel. But we want all the accused to apologise before the court," Arvind Thakur, one of the complainants, said.
The officials of TV channel Colors have also been summoned by the court. The next date of hearing in the case has been fixed for April 22.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Proteas reach 59/0 at Break
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar