Bhajji, Mona Singh summoned for 'Ravan-Sita' dance
The duo had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina.
Chandigarh: A Chandigarh court on Thursday issued summons to cricketer Harbhajan Singh and TV actress Mona Singh for hurting religious sentiments with their 'Ravan-Sita' dance on a dance reality show in October last year.
Harbhajan and Mona, of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame, had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina as mythological demon-king Ravan and Sita. In Hindu mythology, Ram's wife Sita was abducted by Ravan.
"The have hurt religious sentiments of the masses. Harbhajan had earlier apologised in a five-star hotel. But we want all the accused to apologise before the court," Arvind Thakur, one of the complainants, said.
The officials of TV channel Colors have also been summoned by the court. The next date of hearing in the case has been fixed for April 22.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test