Bhajji, Mona Singh summoned for 'Ravan-Sita' dance
The duo had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina.
Chandigarh: A Chandigarh court on Thursday issued summons to cricketer Harbhajan Singh and TV actress Mona Singh for hurting religious sentiments with their 'Ravan-Sita' dance on a dance reality show in October last year.
Harbhajan and Mona, of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame, had performed a dance number on the reality show Ek Khiladi, Ek Hasina as mythological demon-king Ravan and Sita. In Hindu mythology, Ram's wife Sita was abducted by Ravan.
"The have hurt religious sentiments of the masses. Harbhajan had earlier apologised in a five-star hotel. But we want all the accused to apologise before the court," Arvind Thakur, one of the complainants, said.
The officials of TV channel Colors have also been summoned by the court. The next date of hearing in the case has been fixed for April 22.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN