'Bhaktha Prahladha': Telugu talkie completes 81 years
'Bhaktha Prahladha' was directed by H M Reddy and it took 18 days to complete its shoot.
The release of 'Bhaktha Prahladha', the first Telugu talkie movie completes 81 years on February 7, 2013.
Amid the ambiguity on the release date of this movie, it was proved as February 6, 1932 by senior movie journalist Rentala Jaya deva after an extensive research. Previously, it was believed to be September 15, 1931.
'Bhaktha Prahladha' was directed by H M Reddy and it took 18 days to complete its shoot in the budget of 18,000. It completed the censor work on January 22, 1932 and was released on February 6,1932 in Krishna theatre located in Bombay.
An advertisement about the release of the movie was published in 'The Bombay Chronicle' newspaper in the next week it had completed censor and the movie was released the following week.
After running for two weeks in Mumbai, it was released in Vijayawada 'Sri Maruthi Cinema haallu' and Rajahmundry 'Sri Krishna cinema haalu' and was later released in Madras on April 2,1932.
Munipalle Subbayya, Surabhi Kamala bhai, Sindhuri Krishna Rao,L V Prasad featured in the movie. The music was given by H R Padmanabha Sastry and Lyrics by Chandhala Kesava dasu.
It has been an inspiration for many great films produced by the Telugu industry.
Unfortunately, apart from some posters, the print of the movie is not available now.
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Succumbs to His Injuries in Jammu
- Samajwadi Party Live: After Ram Gopal Yadav's Letter, Akhilesh Meets Mulayam Ahead of Crucial Meeting With Workers
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics